Sunday, August 4, 2019
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Stormwater Practices Inspection and Maintenance Certification
(at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum)
- 7:30 a.m. | Bus leaves Hyatt Regency Hotel
- 8:00 a.m. | Conference registration / Light snack
- 8:30 a.m. | Class begins
- 12:00 p.m. | Light lunch provided
- 4:30 p.m. | Class ends
- 5:30 p.m. | Return to hotel
Additional Registration Required
- Register by
This one-day workshop is designed for those who inspect, maintain, or direct maintenance on stormwater control measures and practices, such as ponds and infiltration systems. Attendees will learn the fundamentals of operation, how to assess practices to judge if control measures are functional or need maintenance and how to create and execute a maintenance work plan to keep the practice functioning.
A certificate of Stormwater Management Practice Inspection and Maintenance will be offered to all who attend the entire workshop, attend at least three of pre-specified and pre-assigned sessions focused on stormwater control measures maintenance during the conference, and who pass the voluntary exam.
The pre-approved sessions for this course are:
- Monday, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. | Establishing and Maintaining Vegetation Tree and Plant Selection Strategies
- Monday, 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Inspection and Maintenance Inspections and Lessons Learned
- Tuesday, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. | Designing for O&M Design Tools
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. | Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure Beyond Pilot Studies: Building a Program
- Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure Bioretention
In the event that you miss the bus or prefer driving to the location, the short course is taking place at 3675 Arboretum Drive, Chaska, MN 55318, which is the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
When you arrive at the gate do NOT pay the $15.00 entrance fee. Tell them you are here for the short course. There will be signs at the front entrance to direct you to the classroom.