EWRI’s 2019 conference on the Operation and Maintenance of Stormwater Control Measures will be held at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, in Minneapolis, MN, from August 4–7, 2019.
The conference will highlight advances in operation and maintenance of gray and green stormwater control infrastructure, including design for maintenance, O&M training programs, new maintenance approaches, advances in municipal program management and implementation, life cycle cost analysis, lessons from the field, and more.
The Call for Abstracts has now ended, thank you for participating. Authors have been notified of their abstract decision. If you are an author who has not received a notification, please contact EWRI.
- Designing for maintenance & function
- Addressing WQ (volume control), flooding, and aging infrastructure simultaneously
- Design and maintenance specifications
- Designing for maintenance & aesthetics
- Data driven design, installation and maintenance
- Designing for inspectors/inspections
- Cost and value of maintenance during design
- Considering O&M in decision making
- Asset management
- Establishing programs & institutionalizing O&M
- Contracting and levels of service for O&M
- Residuals Management
- Estimating staff hours for O&M
- Calculating life cycle costs
- Balancing aesthetics with O&M costs
- True costs vs. perceived costs
- Stormwater utility credits
- Funding Mechanisms (public and private)
- Case Studies – lessons learned and celebrating success
- Effective inspections and maintenance
- Performance assessment/monitoring to guide maintenance
- Construction inspection and testing
- Long term performance of vegetation
- Vegetation maintenance
- Vegetation establishment
- Herbicides and natural weed controls
- Plant pathology
- Plant lists
- Temporary irrigation
- Climate resilience
- O&M considerations for high precipitation events or years
Cold Climate and Chloride
- Cold climate risk management and chlorides
- Chloride's impact on GI performance
Training and Communications
- O&M training and certification
- Maintenance agreements and plans
- Communicating/Working with private parties responsible for O&M
- Communicating/Working with contractors
- Communicating/Working with the public
- Establishing maintenance and communications
Equipment and Tools
- Maintenance equipment ‐ jetting, vac’ing, street sweeping, confined space, etc.
- Mobile technology
- Right of way (ROW) management and utility coordination
- Incorporating beneficial reuse materials during construction
- Safety and Function during construction
Underground, Filtration, and Active Systems
- Maintenance and rehabilitation of underground devices
- Filtration Systems
- Active systems
Abstracts must be:
- In English
- Approximately 250 words but no longer than 1 page in length
- Your own work
- No more than 2 submissions per person (as the presenter)
- Only 1 of which may be approved for oral presentation
- Only 1 of which may be approved for poster presentation
Abstracts must NOT be:
- Previously published (except if for oral presentation only)
- Commercial or promotional
ASCE/EWRI membership is encouraged, but not required for submission. Submitters whose abstracts are accepted for presentation, whether oral or poster, are expected to register for and attend the Congress.
Final Paper Deadline: April 16, 2019
- Final Paper length is limited to 15 pages including the abstract, text, photos, and graphics.
- Final Papers must be at least 5 pages in length for inclusion in the published proceedings
- Authors whose abstracts and/or final papers are selected for inclusion in the technical program will be required to register for the congress at the appropriate fee, attend the conference, and make their presentations in person.
- Final Paper Submission is Optional.
Speaker/Author Registration Deadline: July 10, 2019
The deadline for speaker/author registration is midnight , Eastern US Time.
Should an individual submit their final paper but fail to register by the deadline, that person's paper will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
If you intend to submit only an abstract for presentation at the conference, you are still required to register by this date.